Monday, February 10, 2014

Sleep is Over-rated

EDITOR’S NOTE: This week, Management in Motion is pleased to welcome a guest blogger, Johnny Slater, founder of Lochshire Technology

For the last few weeks I have had an extreme problem with being able to sleep. I just can’t make myself sleep, no matter that I walk around completely exhausted.

I'm beginning to understand why. I feel something growing inside me that once was there but has been missing for a very long time. I have become aware of a growing sense of passion and restlessness regarding my long absence away from the online work I started so many years ago.

Three years ago I stepped away from everything I was doing to take care of my wife. It was something that I needed to do, and I did gladly without any regret. I always put my family first above all else, so there was no question that my wife and her needs would come before mine.



However, recently I have had the opportunity to slowly dip my foot back into the waters and take small steps towards rebuilding what once was. The restlessness is the fact that I have been away for so long that I just can't wait to get back into it full time and my mind just can't stop coming up with new ideas.


The passion is that it is something that I love doing and something that I was born to do. I love the freedom that having an online business affords me, and the ability to run a business and still be here for my family means more to me than anything ever could.

Life has a way of throwing roadblocks in front of you and most people tend to get bogged down instead of finding ways to go around. My sincere wish for everyone who reads this is that you find your passion and follow it, where ever it may lead you. Get out of your comfort zone and follow your dreams.


Don't let setbacks and roadblocks
stop you from following your chosen path.

Look for ways to go around, above, or under any situation that stands in your way and be prepared to have to put your travel on hold for a time every once in a while.

However, never sacrifice your passion. If you have to take time off from what you want to do to take care of what you need to do that is completely fine, but never completely walk away from your dreams.

If you step away for a time and then come back later, you just might find you get even more from your path and you appreciate it even more for having to step away for a time.

I can't describe the feelings I have been experiencing lately. I am full of a renewed sense of who I am and what I want to accomplish with my life, and I hope everyone could feel the sense of renewed self confidence that I have begun to experience.

I think I have rambled enough for someone who hasn't had a decent night’s sleep in a week, so I guess it's time to try to get 2 hours of sleep before I need to get the kids up for school. 

Goodnight to all.
 

Johnny Slater is a programmer, internet marketer, and founder of Lochshire Technology, an ecommerce solution firm. From simple single purchase scripts to total membership solutions, Johnny has spent years creating software that is easy enough for beginners to use, but also has the power that veteran marketers need. He not only creates some of the most powerful solutions available, but backs them up with a level of personal customer support not found anywhere else. Find out more about Johnny and Lochshire Technology at https://www.facebook.com/lochshiretech


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcome!